Education seminars provide up-to-date information on the latest in lighting design, technique, and technologies. Furthermore, you can earn valuable CEU and LEU credits by taking part. Check back soon for a comprehensive list of upcoming educational seminars and events!
INTRODUCTION TO LIGHTING
Introduction to Lighting was developed by Dan Blitzer, Principal of The Practical Lighting Workshop, and the Illuminating Engineering Society education team to provide a fast-paced and practical understanding of lighting vocabulary, equipment, regulations, and practices. No prior lighting experience is required.
The overall objective of the course is a broad introduction to the technology and practice of lighting with emphasis on recognizing and applying lighting principles and technical terminology.
- Explore the physics and interaction of light and human vision.
- Explain the key terminology and attributes of light source families and types.
- Describe the attributes and applications of luminaires.
- Describe the attributes and applications of lighting controls.
- Identify the codes, regulations, and standards that govern and guide lighting practice.
- Survey lighting economics and maintenance strategies.
WHO? Open to all: non-members, members. No previous lighting experience required.
WHAT? Course is 7 modules: 8 videos, 7 quizzes, and a certificate of completion. It takes 3 hours and 15 minutes to watch all videos. Plus the time to take quizzes.
PRICE: $150 for members, $200 for non-members (save $50 with a discount code from your local IES Section, use at checkout)
Fundamentals of Lighting (FOL)
Sponsored by the Dallas Section of the IES
FOL is an industry recognized educational course designed to instill the fundamental principles of lighting. The course is ideally suited to specifiers, manufacturers, electrical distributors, contractors and utility personnel who are new to lighting or wish to brush up on their lighting skills. Learn from highly qualified and respected professionals who teach the 7-session course over a 7-week period.
FOL Earns you learning credits:
- IES 1 CEU credit for each hour of instruction (Note: FOL does not qualify for NCQLP LC credential maintenance)
- AIA 1 LU credit for each hour of Instruction
- ASID, IDC, IDEC, IIDA, NKBA, IES provides a certificate indicating number of hours of instruction
Do you want to become LC Certified? Don’t miss this chance to augment your lighting knowledge or earn required Certification Renewal credits. FOL provides you an excellent opportunity to gain a higher level of lighting knowledge. Strongly recommended as a precursor to the NCQLP LC Exam. FOL is an ideal first step at becoming “industry recognized” as LC Certified.
FOL Course Content: Basic Lighting Concepts/Vision & Color, Light sources & Ballasts, Luminaires and Lighting Controls, Photometry and Lighting Calculations, Lighting for Interiors, Lighting for Exteriors and Important Issues in Lighting.
Fundamentals of Lighting Student Materials are available from the IES Bookstore
Course Includes: Light dinner each class evening and FOL Hand Out Materials
Classes: Monday’s from 5:30 – 8:30 PM
2020 Class dates to be announced. Please check back.
Contact: Bill Blevins, LC | PH: 214-217-0190 | [email protected]com